Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kill Session vs Disconnect Session

Today my friend asked me what is the different between kill session and disconnect session. After researching I found useful information and here I`m going to share briefly.

  • Using Disconnect Session clause to disconnect the current session by destroying the dedicated server process.
  • Using Kill Session clause let you mark a session as terminated, release locks.

Example:
SQL>ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION 'sid,serial#';
SQL>ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION 'sid,serial#';

For more details please refer to : http://oracletempspace.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/example-alter-sytem-disconnect-vs-alter-system-kill-for-currently-connected-sessions/


1 comment:

  1. Somebody necessarily help to make severely posts I might state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and to this point? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular post extraordinary. Well done admin..
    Oracle Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete